All AUSWEB cPanel hosting accounts include Fantastico Deluxe, which is an automated installer for many opensource applications. Using Fantastico make it simple to install WordPress into your hosting account, you just need to supply some basic information and with a few mouse clicks WordPress is installed and you are ready to start blogging.
First you need to login to cPanel, point your browser to http://yourdomain.com/cpanel and enter your username and password supplied in your welcome email. Once logged into cPanel, select Fantastico Scripts from the options displayed.
You will be taken to the page listing all Fantastico applications available for installation. Select WordPress from the menu on the left, then select “New Installation”.
Now we need to give Fantastico the Information it will require to install WordPress.
- Install on domain – This will be your default domain name
- Install in directory – Leave blank to install to the root directory or specify a directory you wish to install to
- Administrator-username – This is the username you will use to access the admin area of you WordPress blog
- Password – This is the password you will use to access the admin area of you WordPress blog
- Admin nickname – This is the name that will be used on your blog posts
- Admin e-mail – This is the email all notifications will be sent to
- Site name – This will display on your blog
- Description – Brief description of your site (optional)
Once you have filled out all the required information, hit “Install WordPress” and the installation process will be started. The next screen prints out some information about the installation, hit “Finish Installation” tp complete the installation process.
The final screen will give you information about what has been configured and the URL to the admin area. It is a good idea to bookmark this for future use. You also have the option of emailing the details of the installation, including username and password, so you can save the information.